The Regional Museum of Travnik was founded in 1950. Since 1972 is has been located in a building originally constructed as a healthcare facility in 1928 from the Rockefeller Foundation funds. The permanent exhibition in this building was opened to visitors in 1975.
The Museum’s holdings comprise approximately 80,000 exhibits. Today, the Regional Museum of Travnik is the only regional museum in the area of Central Bosnia Canton.
The permanent exhibition of the Museum consists of:
- Cultural and Historical Collections
- Natural History Collections
- “The Life and Customs of the People of Travnik Region” (permanent photo exhibition)
- The Open Space Exhibition
Permanent exhibition is open for visitors on weekdays from 9.00 to 15.00
Saturdays and Sundays from 10.00 to14.00
Museum curators-pedagogues provide expert explanations for group visits to the Regional Museum of Travnik
Adults: 3.00 KM
Group visits (minimum 20 persons): 2.00 KM
Pupils of elementary and secondary schools, students and pensioners: 1.50 KM
Group visits (minimum 20 persons) for pupils, students and pensioners: 1.00 KM